Saturday, January 9, 2010

Yippee!!!

Today is cooking class! We are making soups.

I got my report cards done, and the bank account set up with HH yesterday. I will have to majorly get cracking on my presentation when I get back today.

I am going to look for a pair of boots to wear on the slopes when we go snow tubing next weekend. I also think it would be good just to have a really cute pair of them.

I made reservations to celebrate our anniversary at Jack Frys. This is a local hot spot I've wanted to go to for years, but have not done so. Since there is a high probability we are not staying here for the long haul, I'm getting down to the nitty gritty of things we "must do" before leaving Louisville. Jack Fry's is expensive, so we are going there to eat their famous "Jack Burger"....which is the cheapest thing on their menu. I will also be having dessert.

2 comments:

ChiTown Girl said...

Ok, I SWEAR I'm not making this up, but I found a recipe for you this morning while reading Woman's World. Here it is:

Tater-Tot Hot Dog Casserole
(as soon as I saw the name I thought of you!!!)

-6 hot dogs, sliced diagonally into 1/2" slices
-1 can (16 oz) baked beans
-1 can (11 oz) Mexicorn, drained
-1 cup salsa
-1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
-3 cups frozen Tater-Tots

Preheat oven to 400. In a 2-qt casserole dish, combine hot dogs, beans, corn, salsa and 1/2 cup cheese. Top with Tater-Tots in a single layer. Bake 30 mins. Sprinkle with remaining cheese. Bake until mixture is hot and bubbly, and cheese is melted, 3-5 mins.

PLEASE let me know if you try this. It actually sounds pretty good. :)

JLI said...

Mmm...soup. I made homemade vegetable beef soup yesterday and boy did I hit the jackpot! You know how stuff is usually better the second day? Well, this was spot-on 7 hours after it started in the crock pot! I had 3 bowls!