Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Yesterday

It took me an hour and fifteen minutes to get to work. The roads were very icy. Would it have killed our sup to have a delay? We had kids that didn't get to school until after 10am. There were 10 bus wrecks, including one that involved students going to the hospital.

I started to think about it from a personal financial perspective yesterday: It is not worth it for me financially to go to work in bad weather. If I have an accident, I will have a car insurance deductible to meet, along with a health insurance deductible. Trying to make it to work could very well cost me $1000-$1500. I realize that the school system has to make the decisions that impact their bottom line, but I need to also start doing that personally.

In other news, my school is number one in suspensions, third year running.

No comments: