Friday, January 1, 2010

New Years Baking Resolution: Part I (Peanut Butter and Bacon Cookies)


HH is cooking the bacon. I cannot stand bacon grease popping up on me, so he typically fries up the bacon for anything we have.



Forgive my drooling over the Kitchen Aid mixer. I really want one of these bad boys!


The cookies are not a hit with HH. :(


Ben's Commentary on the Peanut Butter and Bacon Cookies...

To My Loving Wife's Loyal and Devoted Blog Readers,

It is with a heavy heart that I write this food review to all of you
regarding the January portion of Tiffany's New Years' Resolution. As you
are well aware, no great advancement can be made in a man, a family, or a nation
without some risk being taken at the onset. Those who take such risks are
not to be hissed at by bitter naysayers, but rather commended for their
pioneering spirit. Regrettably, those who take such risks are bound to
create some experiments that fail from time to time. These are necessary
and are not to be held against the experimenters.

To apply this grand principle to Tiffany's recent batch of Peanut Butter
and Bacon cookies: I saw the risk that was involved in this dish at the
outset, and for this very reason, chose to sample it first. I can
personally guarantee, having been in the kitchen while these cookies were being
prepared and having fried the bacon myself, that they were prepared exactly to
the recipe's specifications. In short, Tiffany made no mistakes.
This fact must be distinctly understood, or nothing profitable may come to any
of us by what I am about to say.

Peanut Butter and Bacon cookies are not good at all. Although each of
these ingredients is delicious in and of their own right, the flavors tend to
clash with one another when they are commingled in a cookie. Peanut
butter, when mixed with sugar, has a sweet crumbly taste, whereas bacon has a
salty greasy taste. Both are delicious, but when they mixed they had the
effect of rendering one's taste buds dazed and confused. Despite my wife's
flawless preparation, and despite the numerous positive reviews that this recipe
received online, I have no choice but to strongly recommend against any of you
trying this recipe in the future.

Yours Truly,
HH

I, on the other hand, LOVED these cookies. I am hoping that I can get them
through airport security so I can munch on them the rest of the weekend. I
loved the taste of them. HH was really kind in his words to me, and I know
that these treats will be safe and he won't eat them. :)

1 comment:

ChiTown Girl said...

Ok, first, I need to have a "5-year-old" moment - Na, na, na, na, naaaa, na!! I have TWO KitchenAid standing mixers (one in each kitchen) Yes, I DO know how lucky I am!!!

I wasn't sure WHAT I thought about that recipe. It's unusual, for sure. Ben's review made me laugh. He certainly has a way with words!! I just recently saw a review of a restaurant (but don't ask me the name or where it is) that features a bacon/peanut butter burger!! The reviewer RAVED about it!! They essentially smear the burger with PB, then top it with bacon. I just can't really wrap my head around it.

If you ever get here for a visit, we can have a bake-fest with our dueling mixers! tee hee! ;-)

Happy New Year to you and Ben!