Thursday, January 7, 2010

Menu Ideas for Next Week

I've been good about cooking the recipes that I posted last week on the blog, but not so good at taking pictures and posting our thoughts on the recipes. I'll try to work on that for next week. Here is what is in the hopper for next week:

Japanese Chicken Salad (I will probably prep most of this recipe on Sunday night, since I teach GED on Monday.)

Creamy Italian Sausage Pasta (I don't think I can ever go a week without pasta!)

Creamy Black Bean Soup

Calico Bean Soup with Smoked Sausage

Just for Fun:
Peanut Butter and Jelly Muffins

We are having a "snacky" potluck at work on Friday, and I was going to make a variation of chex mix from their website, but I've changed my mind....

Rolo Turtles

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You have probably already made the Rolo Turtles, but next time think about using Dove Individual Caramel pieces atop a square pretzel. Around here (Washington State) the pretzels are available at Safeway and are called Butter Snaps. They are the perfect size for the Dove pieces. I put the pecans on top before I put them in the oven, then just push them down lightly with the back of a spoon when they come out of the oven. They are beautiful, easy, and tasty. The hardest part is the unwrapping!

Anonymous said...

I wrote that before I looked at your picture. Those are the pretzels I use and I see that you know about using pecans too. Rolos are probably more cost-efficient, but the Dove pieces are good too.