Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Heartache

My sister did it again. This is the third time she has stolen my mom's identity and ran up a huge credit card debt. The first time was for $500, the second time was for $8,000 (but cost my dad $12,000 because he had to borrow against his retirement, penalties, etc.), and now this time it is for $19,000. I fear she may cause my father to have a heart attack from stress. I also fear that she is running out of options, and that I may be the next target. (HH and I are taking out lifelock tomorrow. Does anyone know any other options that we could do?)

If you are the praying type....please pray for our family. This is really hard.

2 comments:

ChiTown Girl said...

Oh, honey, I'm so, so sorry your parents are having to deal with this. Sounds like your sister needs some professional help. I'll say a prayer for her and your family.

JLI said...

Wow, that's not small potatoes when it comes to family problems. You might want to call at least one of the 3 major credit reporting bureaus and let them know what's going on; one will make sure the other two are notified. I think they will put a notice on your credit for something like 30 days to be aware of any fraudulent activity and you will be notified. You can ask them more when you call them. Experian, TransUnion or Equifax. You might think about doing the same thing directly with your bank and any credit cards you might have. I don't know much about Lifelock, but you might get fraud protection on your credit cards too.