Thursday, January 28, 2010

From Bad to Much Better Day...

Ok, I start out this morning by CRYING to HH because of how tired I am. I wish that I could say that this was the first time this has happened this school year, but I know it has at least happened one more time (perhaps another two....my memory fails me). HH was such a good sport, because I was seriously tired and cranky.

My student teacher had his first solo day. He did a great job. I told him that most of my comments would be able discipline and classroom management type things, because if you don't get these things down, teaching is absolutely miserable. I think you can become a good teacher over time, but the most perfectly crafted lessons mean nothing if you can't control your group of kiddos. I bought him a card to congratulate him tomorrow.

I got an email this afternoon that was an answer to prayer. In February, I was going to do GED classes on Monday and Saturdays. The boss told me that I still had the Saturday class, but the other girl who teaches had requested teaching it. She is doing this as complete income right now. I'm just doing this as a supplemental thing, and it is not critical to pay any of our bills. I told her that the other girl could have it. I would hope that if I was in the same situation someone would do that for me too. This frees up my Saturdays, and I'm happy about that.

Cooking class rocked again tonight. We learned all about beef. I found out that my chef cooked a meal for JULIA CHILD!!! WAY COOL!!! The meal is still a go for Sunday with the parents and HH, but we are playing things by ear based on weather.

Tomorrow is SNACK day at work. I seriously love snack days at work. It breaks up the pace, and is a nice change. I am making my tortellini appetizers that were a huge hit at Christmas.

No comments: