Friday, January 4, 2008

A WOW...

I ran for four minutes tonight on the treadmill.

Ok, for you hard core exercise people, you can laugh, but I am so proud of myself! I RAN. Run and Tiffany have never gone in the same sentence before.

I started thinking today about my whole waiting until I weighed 180 before starting to run. I was using my weak left ankle as the reason to wait. It occurred to me that I should at least TRY before deciding if I needed to wait. Maybe the fact that my ankle has 179 pounds less to support might make it ok with running now. I decided to give it a shot.

I'm not sure exactly what speed I was going, I know it was a jog. I was on my treadmill, but only had it going at 3.4 miles per hour. I just started to jog. I didn't change the speed up any higher because I've had some fears with the treadmill, and even faller off of it twice recently.

I want to make the transition. From the girl who could barely move, to the girl who moves all the time. I want to be fit. I saw a girl with a "26.2" sticker on her car today. I thought to myself, I'd love to run a marathon before I turn thirty. Here is to success....celebrate each victory along the way. Today it is running for four minutes. :)

1 comment:

Tia L. said...

Tiffany,

I wish you could see me, standing and cheering for you!

- Tia