Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Conversation Today...

I went to a conference with my boss and co-worker today. We had an hour drive each way. On the way back, we started talking about relationships. They started speaking of one coworker who was single. "She has such a nice personality, I don't see why she can't find anyone." (etc, etc, etc.) Both of these women have never been more than 20 pounds overweight (if that). The coworker they were talking about was significantly overweight.

Yeah, sure it is nice to think that in a perfect world people would look at your heart, and not just your outward appearance. We all know that is not true. It is hard to get a date when you are SMO. I know, I've lived it. I know that several of you have as well. I didn't comment to my coworker and boss, because I know they wouldn't get it.

I sometimes wish that I had met "the one" who had loved me when I was fat and would love me when I got thin. That was not the case for me.

No comments: