Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Progress...It Is A Beautiful Thing!

Before I went for a run tonight, I went to Wal-Mart to buy some workout pants. I have several pairs of shorts, but no pants. I ended up buying two pair of size 16/18 workout pants. I decided to try on two pairs of size 16 dress pants. THEY FIT. They ZIPPED UP. Yes, they were tight, but my body (particulary my hips and thighs which are always the toughest) fit into a size 16!!! This thrills me to no end, especially since I am not seeing much progress on the scale going down the past two weeks. :)

I ran for six tenths of a mile. I stopped for about 45-60 seconds after every two tenths of a mile. I am so pumped that I RAN again!!! I am going to run tomorrow night, but I am taking Thursday night off. I really am glad that I decided to go ahead and start running. I have some soreness, but I don't have any pain. My joints do not hurt. I really feel good. I cannot begin to say what running has done for me mentally. I am not concentrating on anything to do with my speed, just moving my feet one in front of the other.

From Bingham's book: (On lessons learned from running...)

"I learned how to be defeated, but not beaten. I learned how to admire
those who were faster than me without allowing myself to believe that they were
better than me. I learned that the real high was in finding your
limitations and exceeding them.
"

Progress is indeed a beautiful thing.

I am also thinking about signing up for a non-competitive sport team with the rec department for the summer. I am thinking kickball or volleyball. I think that would be fun to do.

No comments: