Wednesday, January 9, 2008

Thoughts...

I ran for about seven tenths of a mile tonight. I went eight tenths, but I walked about 1/10 of the way.

This morning I saw an old friend. Actually, it was a really good friend prior to me having WLS. She spoke, and was nice, but it was very different. We were about the same size before I had surgery. It was weird seeing my old body double right there in front of me. It is one thing seeing it in pictures, but it is another seeing it right in front of your eyes in real life.

I think about how I would feel if she had been the person who had WLS, and not me. I would love to think that I would be super supportive, etc. Yet, at the same time, I could see myself withdrawing just like she has over time.

1 comment:

Tia L. said...

Wow, that's got to be tough. That is one thing I didn't have before surgery, I did not have a lot of heavy friends, I just didn't. I didn't really want any because I always felt like people would stare at us like some kind of freak show. I don't feel particularly proud about it but I know I was struggling with my own issues and the crux of the issue wasn't really them, it was me.

I hope you aren't losing a friend though, sometimes we don't always know how our weight loss affects other people.