Sunday, January 13, 2008

Worried

Tomorrow I am having dinner with an old friend from high school. We were best friends in high school, but our relationship parted during college. He contacted HIV my junior year of college. Our major parting came from the fact that he continued to do whatever he wanted, not informing his partners of his status. This broke my heart. In the end, I couldn't be his friend because of it.

He has been HIV positive for 8 years. He has not taken care of himself physically (by way of check-ups or medication) either. I am scared to see how he may look physically. I worry about him, and often have thought of him over the years.

I hope that dinner goes ok tomorrow. I pray that he has matured. I hope he is taking care of himself. I hope I know how to handle myself regardless.

1 comment:

Tia L. said...

Yes, that is a tough one. It's often difficult having relationships with people you truly care about but who don't truly care or take care of themselves, you're right, sometimes you have to let them be.

I hope for his sake he has changed and that he is well.

- Tia