Wednesday, August 1, 2007

The Scale Is Moving Again and Other Notes

Aunt Flow always messes with the scale. The scale says 295 this morning. 98.6 pounds down since surgery. I know my weight loss is going to start slowing down, and this is where I get scared. I have failed every diet I've even been on. I don't want to fail the DS. I prayed and decided to have this surgery as a final step to help me begin to get my weight under control. I know it is normal to have stalls and for your weight loss to slow down, I just don't want it to stop. I have a significant amount of weight to lose.

I am going on vacation November 16-25 with my two best friends from college. We are going to Florida, and will be taking a cruise to Cozumel. I am so excited to have a nice vacation! I am more excited about being able to keep up and enjoy myself while on a big trip. I hope that makes sense. We are going to Disneyland on the last day of the trip. I really hope that I am able to ride some (ALL would be AWESOME) of the rides.


I watched the Season Finale of "Shaq's Big Challenge" last night. I was very impressed with this show from the onset. I feel that he truly is interested in helping with the problem of childhood obesity. It was amazing to watch how far these kids had came over the course of nine months. I have reflected a great deal on how I will raise my kids lately. Since I have grown up obese, I know I will need to take special precautions to insure that my kids don't travel down the same path. I pray that these kids can continue their successes. Every day you are obese is not only a threat to your health, but it is a day where you truly cannot fully live your life.

No comments: