Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Getting What You Pay For....

I bought a cheap $4 pedometer yesterday. I set the stride correctly, and all that jazz. It was adding anywhere from a 1/3 to a 1/2 more steps that what I was actually walking. Me being the nerd that I am, I actually counted from the parking lot, and a few other places. What is the point if it is not ACCURATE? I went ahead and bought a nice one from the internet.

I know that monitoring my activity level is much more important now for many reasons. It will help me to gain more strength, and become more physically active. It will help in the weight loss process. Most importantly for me now, is the fact that I have switched jobs (as of January). I used to be in the classroom, so I was always up moving around. Now, I primarily have an office job. I am sedetary for most of the day. I will go out to different schools, but then I will be sitting at meetings in those buildings. I know that I will be shocked at "how little" steps I record during the working day. This will only give me more reason to workout before going to work, and work out in the evening.

On an unrelated note, the water bottle has now become a permanent extension of my right hand. This is something that I never thought would happen. I am so excited! I love drinking water!

1 comment:

Candy-O said...

What pedometer do you end up getting? I have been thinking about getting one too - especially since I do have a sedentary job!

I'm so jealous of your water-drinking ability! It is still a struggle for me, but I'm working on it.

Have a great day!