Friday, August 10, 2007

Busy Busy!

My weight is holding steady between 285 (in the morning) and 289 (in the evening). I am happy with where I am right now. I would like to have another drop before my 5th month is over. Hopefully that will occur.

My Vitamin D level is low. I have to start taking a prescription pill for it.

Here is the crappiest of crappy news. I got my paycheck today. It was SIX HUNDRED DOLLARS (NET) LESS than it should have been! I go to work, thinking surely they have made a mistake, but NO. I am a teacher, and I switched jobs in January from a 187 to a 195 day contract. Teachers pay into "escrow" all school year, so we can get our summer checks. Since I was working more days, they took out less escrow. This was my last summer check, and what a crappy check it was. I was so upset.

I had the 6 carb cheesecake from the Cheesecake Factory the other night. It was awesome. I only ate about 1/4 of it. It was worth every carb and then some. Although I would like to try another one of their cheesecakes, I just think they would be way too sweet for my tastes. Not to mention more carbs than our National Debt.

3 comments:

TedHutchinson said...

The case against ergocalciferol (vitamin D2) as a vitamin supplement by Lisa A Houghton and Reinhold Vieth explains why Vitamin D2 is really not the best form of Vitamin D to raise your status reliably.

While it probably is worth continuing with your current prescription I would suggest you do not get another but change to Cholecalciferol Vitamin D3. It works better (will raise your status higher and faster and keep it higher for longer)

The Vitamin D Coucil website has more information about Vitamin D and on the links page are some cheap sources of EFFECTIVE strength Vitamin D3.
It is safe to take 5000iu/vitamin D3. You don't say how much you are taking now but this is a sensible amount for someone who is currently low but anything up to 10,000iu/d is safe See Risk Asssessment Vitamin D if you doubt it. Adverse events have only been recorded above 40,000iu/d.

When your Vitamin D status is optimal 125nmol/L - 50ng/mL you may want to drop down to average 4000iu/d which you can do by taking 5 capsules one week and 6 the following to average 4000iu/d daily.

Danyele said...

Sorry to hear about your money situation - that makes life SO stressful. Hang in there and watch every penny.. you'll get through it.

So The Cheesecake Factory has a lowcarb cheesecake huh? I might just have to check that out. I haven't had more than a bite or two of any dessert post-op. Cheesecake sounds lovely!

Dagny said...

Slow down, lady!!! You just got on this ride! I will warn you against trying those "substitutes" for what you're not supposed to be eating anymore! Use this time to alter your perspective on food. Lower the priority it has had in your life. Focus on getting every ounce of benefit of the gift you've given yourself and you will set yourself up for LIFETIME success!!

Dagny