So here are the stats on month five. I began the month weighing 296. I ended the month weighing 275!!! I lost 21 pounds this month! I attribute this significant weight loss to two things. I seriously started watching my carb intake. At first I was trying to stay "close to 50" carbs a day. After about two weeks of doing that, I dropped it down to 30 carbs a day. It really has not been that hard to maintain. The second factor is exercise. I have been getting up faithfully every morning and exercising. I have not done this for the whole month, but have done it consistently for the past week.
Stats (because I am a nerdy girl):
- I have lost 44.9% of my excess body weight.
- My BMI has gone down 18.5 points.
- I am 14 pounds away from achieving the goal of 50% loss of my excess body weight.
- I have lost a total of 118.6 pounds.
- I have gone from "Super Morbidly Obese" to "Morbidly Obese." (I'm only twenty pounds from being in the "Obese" category.)
- I have 145 additional pounds that I need to lose in order to reach my goal weight. (Although this number is still quite large, I have confidence that I will be able to achieve it.)
Oh something really cool happened yesterday. I occasionally watch a lady's kids when they go out of town. The last time I was at their house was in February. I saw her yesterday afternoon to watch her kids. She looked at me, and started to tear up. She could not believe how much weight that I had lost. That was a really special moment for me. You know when some people compliment you, they are just faking it. I could tell her worlds really came from her heart, and that was what touched me so.
Tomorrow should be interesting as well. Part of my job involves me working at the State Department of Education. There are twelve people in the state who have my job, and we all work in different regions. The last time I saw them, I was about 65 pounds heavier. I cannot wait to see their reaction!