Saturday, August 18, 2007

There is Hope for This Underdog!

I wish I was as techno savvy as Dagny at Live the New Day, but I am not. Instead of getting awesome songs to listen to while you read my post, you'll have to settle for the lyrics instead. :(
"I'm in last place, if I place at all, but there is hope for this underdog." (Audio Adrenaline - Underdog)

This was one of the songs I listened to a few times while I was walking at the park today. I walked 1.6 miles today. What was a great accomplishment about this was that the terrain is not all flat. There were some small hills. When I am walking on my treadmill, I don't walk with an incline (not yet, that is). I am thinking that walking in the park should be my weekend treat. During the week, I will use the treadmill. (With my work schedule, this is just easier.) I loved being outside. It is hard to describe it, but I felt so alive.

Dagny frequently posts about loving to exercise. As I was walking today, I thought, every time I make the CHOICE to exercise, I am doing my body, mind, and spirit a world of good. Each time it will get a little easier. The more I exercise, the less excess weight I will be carrying on me.

Somedays, I feel like "tigger" because I already have 109 less pounds on my frame. I can only imagine what it will feel like when I have the PROPER amount of weight for my body on my frame. I am sure I will feel like I am walking on air.

Keep fighting the good fight everyone. We all really were underdogs prior to our WLS, but our WLS has given us a new lease on life. I don't know about you, but I have a whole lot of lost time to make up for! I'm not sure who said this quote, but it seems appropriate now,

"In the game of life, even the fifty yard line seats don't interest me. I CAME TO PLAY."

No comments: