Friday, August 24, 2007

Thoughts On The Future Concerning Men

Again, I am saying up front this entry may step on some toes, but it is important for me to write.

I have been Super Morbidly Obese for the last 10-12 years of my life. Even prior to that, I was always significantly overweight in comparison to those around me. Since I chose to have the DS, I am making some permanent changes in my life. Once I lose my weight, I realize that maintenance will be required. It could (hopefully) be easier, since I have had the DS, I will still have to work at it.

When taking these factors into consideration, it really makes me think long and hard about the type of guy I will eventually date/marry. I truly do not think that I will be able to date/marry a man who is overweight. I know to some, this may seem like I am being a hypocrite, but I really think this is critical. I will need a man who can support me during the lifelong maintenance that is going to be necessary in order to keep my excess weight off. Having a man who has poor eating and exercise habits, could pull me down. I get this visual image of myself standing on top a chair. Having my spouse/significant other standing below. There is only so much strength one person can muster to "pull another person up." Eventually, it is simply easier for them to pull you down. Once one is pulled down it is easily a long downward spiral.

I have a long life ahead. I can't take the risk of being with a guy that could jeopardize that. Comments are welcome. I'd love to hear your thoughts.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Looking awsome and yes, you will need a supportive man. Best wishes in all of endeavors, physical, and life dreams. I am sure this lucky man will take your staying fit as a priority and make it fun for you...
I'm rooting for you.

Neal in California ;)