Friday, August 3, 2007

Fears...

While in the shower, it hit me why I have been so fearful about the slowing down of my weight loss. I am now at a point weight loss wise that I have never been at before. Back in 1996-1997, I lost around 90ish pounds on Phen-Phen. That is the most weight I have even lost in a single dieting attempt. The most weight I have lost on my own outside of medicine has been 40-45 pounds.

I am so afraid of failure. Here I went to a foreign country (to an excellent doctor I might add) to have a surgery that I paid for out of pocket...and what if this is it? What if I don't lose any more weight? My head keeps telling me this. I am doing all the right things to take care of myself....getting my protein and water in, taking all my supplements, etc. My bowel movements are very normal, etc.

Yes, I have made great progress over the past several months. The fact is that I still have a LONG way to go in order to be considered "healthy."

Time to go face the day, whether I am ready for it or not. Thanks for listening.

No comments: