Monday, August 27, 2007

Countdown to an Obese BMI

This may seem like a weird title for a post. Since I started at Super Morbidly Obese, I am very excited that I am only THREE points from an obese BMI. I am ready to leave the "Morbidly Obese" category. I have approximately 19 pounds to lose. To get to an "Overweight" BMI, I will need to lose 83 more pounds. I hope I don't bore you guys too much, but numbers and statistics have always fascinated me.

This morning I weighed in at 274. I have 13 pounds to lose to achieve my 50% excess weight loss goal.

This morning I really did not want to work out, but I did it anyway. It took about fifteen minutes, and my body began to really get in the groove. It was nice. I did learn that I need to listen to my body. I really wanted to workout for 55 minutes. (That was how long I worked out yesterday.) My body said it was time to stop at 42 minutes today. I know there are times to "push" your body, but there are also times to listen to your body. Today was one of those days. I am sure I will experience many "learning curves" as time goes on, as I start to learn my body all over again. I knew what my body was like as an extremely obese person, but I have to learn the new body that I am developing.

No comments: