Thursday, February 18, 2010

VICTORY

Tonight was the final night of Basics 101 Cooking Class. I made the following:

* Homemade Applesauce
* Rice Pudding
* Tabouli
* Potato Latkes
* Chocolate Ravioli (from scratch)

This class has really given me confidence that I can make things, and much of cooking is not as complicated as it looks. I've learned how to make intense flavors...flavors that I've rarely had outside of fine dining restaurants. I've met some really nice people, and we've had so much fun about two-thirds of the class is continuing on to the Advanced Training course.

My student teacher is doing his five day solo as required for his university grading, he made the funniest comment, "Mrs. F I now know why you sit down when we go to recess in the gym at the end of the day....it is tiring when you are running the whole class."

1 comment:

ChiTown Girl said...

Every one of those sounds AWESOME!! Most especially the chocolate ravioli! I must know more about that. I assume it's a dessert, right? Tell me more, tell me more!

BTW, the St. Baldrick's event will be on March 17, but you can donate anytime, even after the event.