Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Tree Trunks in a World Full of Tooth Picks

Yesterday was very taxing on my mind. The scale is up some, my jeans fit tighter, and my mind was on mental overload. My thighs felt larger than the tree trunks of the Redwood Forest, and every where I looked I kept seeing women with these toothpick legs. It really was taxing my mind. I tried not to focus on it, but I couldn't help it.

I'm also mad at the system right now. A dear friend of mine is really burned out, she is one of these teachers who is amazing...yet the system has a way of breaking and wearing down these teachers. I have been in her shoes before. I'm going to have dinner with her tonight, and I hope to provide some encouragement.

3 comments:

JLI said...

I don't really know what to say since I've not been in your shoes, but what first comes to mind is to remember how God sees you and who He says you are. It's never a good idea to compare ourselves to other people, especially based on outer appearance. But you know that. I just pray that God will help you through these bouts of insecurity. Let's jump into the book and be encouraged!

Missie said...

Since I've been battling my weight too, I understand how you feel. However, we always see ourselves in the worst light. We have to remember that we're not all built the same!

Pissedoffteacher said...

Letting the system get to you is something I understantd well. I feel ready to walk out right now.