Sunday, April 20, 2008

Numbers...and Their Importance

Numbers have as much power as we give them.

This quote came from Pasta Queen's "Half-Assed: A Weight Loss Memoir" book. As you are going through the weight loss process numbers can play a big part of it. I have always weighed myself frequently, even when I was huge. The difference between then and now is that I had gotten so big, I really didn't know how to get back down to a normal weight. It was almost like I got to the point of oh well it is just another few pounds.

Some WLS patients will say to only weigh once a week/month, or even to only go by the scales at the doctor's office. Many studies support that those who weigh daily are more apt to maintain a healthy weight. Truth be told, numbers are a huge part of my life. I want to be a DS success story. I want to lose all my exces weight. I want to wear a single digit clothing style. Yes, I had the DS to save my life, but I also want to look smokin hot at the end too!

I am sure I will reach that point where the numbers are not as significant anymore once I am in a steady maintenance mode.

Tonight I went to Sojourn. It is a church for people 20-45ish, and I really enjoyed it. I think it will be a good opportunity to meet some more people my age.

No comments: