Saturday, April 19, 2008

Something to Ponder...

Small slips are how bad habits are started.

I am almost thirteen months post op. I think taking a look at things from a grandstand type view is helpful every now and then. I am going to talk about a few of my small slip ups that have been occurring as of late. This is not a beating myself up post, but just taking a look at some things that I could easily tweak. The things I am going to list tonight involve eating out. Since I have started dating Redwing, I am eating out more. This is not a horrible thing. Normal weight people eat out and find ways not to climb up the scale, and so can I.

1) The bread basket! I have stated several times before that I don't keep bread in my house, because I know I will consume it. I allow bread to be my treat while eating out, and have been ok with that up to this point. This has to change now because of my frequency of eating out. I need to forgo the bread so I can have more room for protein at my meal.

2) Mashed Potatoes, French Fries, or Rice as Side Items: These are crappy side item choices. I know I should be getting something better such as asparagus, green beans, or broccoli. I will pat myself on the back for really focusing on eating my protein before touching the mashed potatoes, french fries, or rice. Typically, by the time I eat them they are cold. I am not eating a large amount of them, but things do add up.

So those are the two areas I am going to begin working on as I go out to eat from this point forward.

No comments: