Friday, December 28, 2007

A Scare...

I had a big scare for about an hour and a half last night. I had some roast beef (which is a routine snack for me), and about 15 minutes later, I start getting awful abdominal pains. The pains persisted for some time. It was like nothing I had ever felt before. I alternated from pacing slowly up and down my hallway to sitting on the toilet. Nothing was helping me!!! I called my parents and put them on standby to take me to the ER. I have been so blessed not to have had any complications thus far. As a self-pay, I was especially worried about going to the ER, knowing that the bill would end up in my hands.

I looked up small/large bowel obstruction. I had a few of the symptoms, but did not think it was that. Finally, the pain subsided. What a relief. It truly did freak me out. I guess I just had really bad gas or something. I felt better last night, and feel fine now.

1 comment:

Tia L. said...

Whew, glad to hear you're okay! I've had a few nights like that so I certainly sympathize. Mine turned out to be symptoms stemming from the ulcer I didn't know I had, but I won't say that this is what's going on with you. I would just mention it the next time you talk to your PCP, just in case.

- Tia