Sunday, December 30, 2007

Running

I have expressed before that I have a desire to become a runner. I don't want to run until I am below 200 pounds. I may even wait until I am at 180 before beginning running. I have a left ankle injury from years ago, and don't want to put any undue stress on that ankle. The less I weigh, the less stress I will place on that ankle.

I am very inspired by John "The Penguin" Bingham, who began running at 43, being overweight. I ordered three of his books tonight off of Amazon. I figure getting myself mentally prepared to run will be one of the biggest obstacles I will face as I lose the weight that I want to lose in order to start running. Here are the books I ordered:

  • The Courage to Start: A Guide to Running for Your Life
  • No Need for Speed: A Beginner's Guide to the Joy of Running
  • Running for Mortals: A Commonsense Plan for Changing Your Life with Running

I held off on getting his book "Marathoning for Mortals." I'd love to complete one, but that is certainly a way off!

No comments: