Thursday, December 27, 2007

PCP Visit...First KADS Meeting

I had a great visit with my PCP. The nurse used the regular blood pressure cuff on me!!! It has been so many years since I have used this, I cannot remember the last time I've had the normal one used for me! :)
It has been two months since I have seen my PCP. I have lost 30 pounds according to her scales. I don't know why, but it always seems more tangible when I weigh at the Y or at my PCP's office as far as my actual weight loss.

My PCP is thrilled with my progress. I talked with her about goal weight. I told her that my normal BMI range is 130-159 pounds. She said that comes with a +/- 10%. She said she would be thrilled for me to reach 175. I still would personally like to reach 150.

Most importantly: I got my prescription for FLAGYL!!!! WOOO HOOO!!!

I got to meet Vicki today, and we had our first Kentucky Area Duodenal Switch Support Group meeting at Cheddars. She is such a sweetheart! She is a pre-op, and her surgery will be in April. It is a blessing to finally be able to start a support group for people who have had our surgery. Here is a picture of us together:

No comments: