Sunday, December 30, 2007

My Mom

I had a pretty serious conversation with my mom yesterday. I talked with her about getting the DS. My mom weighs about 265, so she would be considered a lightweight. Here is why I think she should....DIABETES. Her side of the family has a history of diabetes, and she has been monitoring her sugar now for over a year. She is very close to going on insulin shots. With the cure rate of Type II diabetes (being 99%), I think she would be a fool not to consider it. I believe she would be covered under her insurance, and could have her DS done with Dr. Inman in Indianapolis. Even if my mom only lost 50 pounds, getting the diabetes under control for life would be awesome. I'll keep you posted.

1 comment:

Sassafrass said...

Good for you for talking to her. Just a word about it. I don't think they do DS on those under 300 pounds. She'd probably be a good RNY candidate though. Keep us posted and good luck with the running!!