Saturday, December 22, 2007

Finally OFF!

I am so happy to be OFF for a few days. My patience was getting pretty short the last few days before break. I don't have a lot of big plans while I am off, but I really like it that way. :)

I am debating joining the YMCA. I so wish that I had a workout partner. It would be nice to have someone to do exercising with. I have two pieces of gym equipment at home, but really like the idea of having access to weights, the swimming pool, aerobics classes, etc. I like the community aspect of the Y too. If I am serious about wanting to be in a 5K, 10K, etc...there would be others there training for the same goal. I was very interested in a cycling class that they offered. The other advantage is how close the Y is to my house. It is about 1/2 a mile from my condo. I could not ask for anything more as far as distance. I am going to make up my mind in the next few days. The promotions that they offer at the first of the year are just too good to pass up.

I'm not sure what it is worth, but I recently redid my body fat analysis on my elliptical machine. I did it awhile back and I had "greater than 48.8%" body fat. (That was as high as the machine would go. I did it a few days ago, and it said my body fat was 38.8%. I love the decrease! I bet the Y has more sophisticated machines that could analyize my body fat. I might consider doing that.

1 comment:

Tia L. said...

Tiffany,

I, too, am giving the Y serious consideration, in fact, it's almost a done deal. It has practically everything I'd want, it's right next door to the park I already walk at, I couldn't really find any strong negatives.

Anywho, good luck with whatever you choose!

- Tia