Friday, December 7, 2007

Bored with Food

I have stated before that I really don't have an appetite. I have not had one hunger pang since having my DS. I primarily eat by the clock. I do this so I don't look at the clock at 8:00 at night and realize I need to drink several protein drinks before going to bed.

I am getting bored with the food choices I currently have. This seems to be a long term pattern for me. I will eat something until I am completely sick of it. I need to get creative. Many people have been doing extremely well living on an Atkins-like diet for years. I just have to put my mind to it.

The cool thing is that I don't really miss a lot of things that I used to eat pre-op. For example: bread. Yes, it is ok, but not something I am "dying" for. The few times I've had bread, I honestly felt bloated. Other things that I surprisingly don't miss are: pizza, most fast food items (I was a big fast food junkie), and many sweets. I count not missing those things as major blessings! I would love to be able to incorporate fruit back into my diet, but know that is not possible at this time. A few months back fruit would actually make me more sick to my stomach than having something really rich (such as a small sliver of chocolate cake).

No comments: