Saturday, October 13, 2007

Woo Hoo!

I weighed in at 254.6 this morning. I am down another pound! :)

Something that I noticed today...going up a flight of stairs does not leave me out of breath. Strangely enough for me, this was WORSE the first several months post-op than it was for me to climb the steps pre-op. I have climbed the stairs several times today, and didn't even give it a second thought that I was already to the top of them. Wow...no effort! It is great to see how the other-half (healthy-normal weight people) live.

Speaking from the kitchen of "normal weight" people. The lady I watch kids for on a regular basis said last night, "The boys forgot about the chocolate cake, it got moldy, so I threw it out." As a SMO person, I would have never thrown the cake out. The cake would never had the opportunity to get moldy. I would have gorged myself on it. Thank heavens I'm not who I was!
I have to work everyday to continue to progress forward.

Also, wanted to briefly write about my hospital experience visiting Mallory. When it was my turn to hold her, I had to sit in the rocking chair. I was freaking out that I wouldn't fit. I did fit in the rocking chair! It wasn't even a tight fit. The chair was a "normal" sized chair, not some huge rocking chair. When I was looking at my pictures from that day (see a few posts back), I noticed how defined my face looks. That really blew me away. I could really se the difference in my face. It was a nice feeling.

I am going to have to break down and buy two new pairs of jeans, a few new bras, and a winter coat. I am beyond needing them.

No comments: