Monday, October 8, 2007

Back to Basics

I've been at the same weight for a little over a week. Although my pattern has started to be: stalling for 2-3 weeks, then rapid weight loss for a week or so, I want to try to change things up. I have decided to go back to the basics for the next week, and see how that affects things.

By the basics I mean: Protein Shakes. I am going to have three shakes a day, and perhaps a few pieces of cheese. I have found protein shakes that I really like. When people try to give the line that they can't stand them, I just don't buy it. This is the information age! Search the world over until you find a drink that tastes great. When you find it, buy it in BULK!

I am blessed by the fact that I still have ZERO hunger. I truly do consider this a blessing. I don't think that switching back to only protein drinks for the next week or so will be that difficult. My friend who had the lapband surgery said the other day that she was glad her appetite was starting to return. I'll be happy if mine decides to stay away for the rest of my days! I fought my appetite and head hunger for too long. Now, I can just fight the head hunger, and not worry about the appetite part.

On a more annoying note, I googled my name, and found myself on my surgeon's home page. I am going to get this fixed ASAP. There are a lot of nosey people out there, and I don't want the world to know my business.

1 comment:

Tia L. said...

I always treat a lack of appetite as a warning sign. I usually suffer from "hollow leg syndrome" so when I find myself not wanting to eat, that's usually a cue for me to start munching and fight my way through it. I don't know if zero hunger is a good thing for me, the idea of it, I mean. When I was eating crazy calories that was a true pain in the butt, but I can not go long without eating, I feel weak, etc., but as they say, everyone is different and if it is something that you can manage well, then more power to you!