Sunday, October 21, 2007

More Thoughts

I am looking forward to riding on the airplane next month. I am anxious to see how I fit in the seats. I hope that I don't need a seatbelt extension, but I still very well may need one.


Onto the next subject....The World Does NOT Care If You are Fat...
Each day we are confronted with a zillion choices on food to eat. On Friday, I was at a school, and they had a "Chili Cookoff" for the staff. I must have had ten teachers tell me to make sure I stopped by and got some chili. I stuck with my plan of what I had brought to eat. I have to make choices each day on what is best for me to eat. I have to take responsibility for my eating.


My friend had lap band surgery a while back. (This is the same friend I have expressed concerns with earlier on her very light hearted decision to have WLS.) We spent the whole weekend together. I was FLOORED by how much she can eat. I am almost seven months post-op and I cannot eat like that. I am a firm believer that you can "out eat" ANY weight loss surgery. I am not hoping she will fail, but watching her this weekend made me have serious reservations about her success.

No comments: