Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Raining....

I have just finished my third meeting of the day. I should be leaving the office within the next 30-45 minutes. Since it is a cold and rainy day, this evening I am going to relax in my flannel pjs and be a nerd.

I am going to read some of my new book....

Research-Based Strategies to Ignite Student Learning (This book looked awesome since the woman who wrote it was a neurologist and then became a teacher.)

http://www.amazon.com/Research-Based-Strategies-Ignite-Student-Learning/dp/1416603700/ref=sr_1_1/103-3777777-1271033?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1193167927&sr=8-1

I'm also going to finish up Words, Words, Words by Janet Allen. It really is a good read, but so many other things have gotten put on my plate, I have not had a chance to finish it.

My new issue of "Mental Floss" magazine came yesterday, so I think I will read part of it too.

I am also going to work on some encouragement cards for some of the teachers I work with at my various schools. This is the time of year where some teachers can easily start to get discouraged. I've got some really sharp teachers that just need some kudos.

I am starting to make my list of books that I want to bring on vacation too. I know I am not going to take any professional books (although I do love to read them). So far, I've decided to take:
  • Love in the Time of Cholera
  • On Call in Hell
  • Landmines in the Path of the Believer

I'm open to any suggestions! Time to wrap up at work so I can head home.

No comments: