Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Things That Make You Want to Go Mmmmm......(Live from Tiffany's Kitchen)


Picture my mom took of HH and I on Sunday at the pizza place. (Gotta love acne!)

Smore brownies!!! Holy YUM!!! HH said these were the best brownies he had ever had in his life. He will be doing a guest post about them over the next few days. (As you remember, my first baking experiment of Peanut Butter and Bacon cookies didn't go over well with HH. Although, I certainly found a new love in them!)


The ever important first bite!


These Paprika Cheddar Drop Biscuits were amazing. They make me want to venture out and make the Red Lobster biscuits soon. HH is full now, but promised to try one later on tonight.


I used whole wheat pasta, and only did one cup of milk because of the comments left by others who had tried the recipe.
Ok....my neighbors in our condo complex are happy this evening, because I shared the majority of the goods I made today. I just left a little bit of leftovers for HH and I tomorrow for lunch. Question about freezing things: I would have loved to freeze the biscuits and the pasta bake, but in my past experience things just don't turn out that well when you reheat. What step am I missing? Are there certain foods that lend themselves better to freezing than others?
Another thought on evolving.....I was getting plates ready to take brownies to two different sets of neighbors. I commented to HH about how I really wanted to share them with others. Part of cooking for me now is the experience of creating something, and watching others enjoy it. I've made brownies and cookies before I had weight loss surgery, and polished them completely off myself. I can still do that now, although it would take me longer. Yet, I really don't want to. Yes, I want the yummy treat, but the desire to have it ALL is not there. (Please don't read into this as a blanket statement that all overweight people cannot control what or how much they eat....this is me being introspective on my habits and old demons.) This is a big step for me.

2 comments:

ChiTown Girl said...

I'm totally with you on the sharing thing. THAT'S why I cook like a fiend! As a matter of fact, I just came home from visiting my neighbor, whom I brought 3 dozen butter cookies. That was my little project on Sunday. I have a peach cobbler in the oven right now that I'm bringing to my principal in the morning. (We had a trying day today, with a loonngg visit from the state.)


Those brownies look awesome. Ahem...I'm still waiting for the recipe!

ChiTown Girl said...

Oh, and I forgot to tell you that I LOVE that picture of you two. You both always radiate such happiness! I love when Ben lets his true smile show. Usually, he smiles like someone with really bad teeth, which he clearly does not have! ;-) Let those pearly whites show, Ben!!