Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Being Lazy

I've been lazy with the camera. I've had a few good picture ops, and have not taken them. I will get back on the saddle with that, really.

For St. Pattys day, HH got me two Krispy Kreme green donuts. Yummo! Since we are tee-totalers (non-drinkers), he got me my drink of choice (which so happened to be green)...Diet Mountain Dew, and he had a lemon-lime Gatorade. It was a great toast.

Comment that melted my heart today....Nyelah comes back from violin lessons, and she knew she had missed our read aloud time, and she says, "What did I miss from Petey?" This is one of my favorite read alouds to my students, but it does take a bit to "get into" the book. Most of the kids are really hooked into the story, and we are only on chapter five. She asked if she could borrow the book to read the chapter so she would be up to date for tomorrow. I have lots to learn as a teacher, but one thing I have never regretted is all the read-alouds I have shared with my students. What good is it to teach kids the strategies to make them better readers, if in the end they don't have a desire to READ?

No comments: