Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Some Advice to Give On How to be Insensitive....

I went to church with Steph tonight. I love hanging out with her. I really got a lot of out the service. Steph helped me go back to a church that I LOVED, but had left a few years ago for personal reasons. I really think I am going to start going back to this church. :)

So the down part....there is a meet and greet, and a lady asks me when I was "DUE." As she was asking she patted my stomach. I told her I wasn't, to which she apologized. I have been asked if I was pregnant before (since I taught in a school with elementary kids), but I could always write it off, because hello they are KIDS. I could have even written off the comment had the woman been a senior citizen. She wasn't. It is crushing to hear that comment when you have lost 188 pounds. CRUSHING. Tears welled up in my eyes, I was so hurt. I have tears in my eyes right now as I am writing this.

If there is a thin person out there reading this blog ever, please never ask a fat woman when she is due. If she happens to be pregnant, let her tell you. For heavens sakes, keep your hands off her stomach!

I have promised Steph I would try sushi on Friday night! We may need to capture that one with a camera.

1 comment:

Tia L. said...

(((Tiffany)))

Y'know, I completely feel your pain! I don't think people know how ridiculously hurtful they can be. Just think, in no time you'll never have to deal with comments like that again!