Thursday, February 21, 2008

Mixed Feelings

I have mixed feelings about telling some people about how I have lost my weight. I am going back to a church I used to attend years ago. The last time these people saw me, I was a good 130 pounds heavier. Yet, it has been four years. I am not about lying, but at the same time, I don't always want to be known as "the girl who had weight loss surgery" either.

I suspect that my old roommate might know I had the surgery done. This is because a former co-worker I still see goes to the bank she works at. I imagine at some point it has come up in conversation.

There is one girl there I have never really cared for. If she were to ask me, I would probably just turn around and walk away. She is always trying to find out things that she had no business knowing.

So is it bad to deflect the question, and not really answer it, should it come up? I really wouldn't mind talking with someone who sincerely wanted to know about WLS, but otherwise, I really don't want to focus only on that. I know I have more thoughts that will emerge on this issue, and writing them out really helps me focus.

No comments: