Friday, February 15, 2008

I Finally Used A Tool...

Several years ago when I bought my condo, my dad told me I needed to get some tools to have on hand. I told him to make me up a list, and I went to Target and got such tools. In a tool box these tools sat in my laundry room, lonely waiting to be used. The other day I used the screwdriver. I had to use it to pry apart my door that was frozen shut. I am guessing that it will be a long time until I use a tool again, but hey everyone has to start somewhere.

My weight is still maintaining. I still have eleven more days before the month is out. Hopefully I'll lose a few more pounds.

I purposefully spent Valentine's Day at a school instead of the office. I didn't want to be around a bunch of people who would be getting flowers, etc. I think that was a wise move. I had an early dinner with my friend Stephanie at Red Robin, and then we went to church. It was nice not being along on Valentine's Day.

I am cold all the time. I am so happy that I lost all the weight that I have, but seriously, I am freezing. I keep my heat cranked up very high, and need to break down and buy a really nice electric blanket. Even when I have been at the office or out at a school, I've found myslf just keeping my jacket on to try to stay warm. Ah well.

Now some sad news...I had posted a while back about my former student and her mother being shot by the stepbrother. My dad left me a voicemail yesterday saying that the dad killed himself in his car while parked in the driveway of their house.

No comments: