Sunday, February 17, 2008

Good Day

The service today at church was really good. As I was getting ready to go into service, I saw a guy I really liked for the longest time leaving the earlier service. He said he almost didn't recognize me. (Keep in mind I was a good 130 pounds heavier the last time he saw me, and I wore glasses.) After the service I was waiting for my friend Kristin, so we could go have lunch together. We were both hanging around in the lobby. He didn't say anything else to me, but I really feel that he was just shocked at how much weight I had lost.

Lunch was great. It was nice being around a group of people my age. Although I would have never said so as a pre-op, my weight really did hold me back as far as relationships (even friendships). I had just gotten so big that I really did start to close everyone out. I miss all the times I spent living, and now I want to make up for them. It is not going to be a simple journey, but I am going to start socializing more. One day at a time, it will get easier and easier to do. There is more to this life than going to work and coming home. I've chosen to sit on the sidelines for so long. Now, I am ready to step up and start investing my life more into others.

Random Note: I saw a billboard advertising for the Lap Band on the way to church. It had a picture of a couple, and the sign said: "Lap Band Surgery: Weight Lost, Health Regained." The man was normal size, but honestly the woman was morbidly obese. I am not sure what their objective was for this billboard. I appreciate that they didn't use some aneroxic looking woman, but if I looked like her after working my "tool", I would not be happy.

No comments: