Thursday, September 6, 2007

Two Comments That Made My Day...

Of course the scale still sucks. It continues to defy all logic. I have twenty days left before my six month anniversary, and I want to see some POSITIVE movement.

At work, my cubbymate said something really sweet. She said, "You are really starting to get a defined waist, and it is really small. You have a nice hourglass shaped figure." The other comment came from a secretary of a building that I frequent. As I was leaving today, she stopped and asked me how much weight I had lost.

The timing of the compliments could not have been better. I am convinced that the majority of the battle is not with the actual scale, but the scary "battlefield of the mind." That is where things get really tough. This surgery is more than just losing pounds, it has to deal with the spirit and mind too.

Today at work we had a retirement party for our secretary. It was a potluck event. I got an entire plate of food, and I ate about 3/4 of it. At first this really freaked me out, then I started looking around the room at how people PILED their plates to the point where they were almost ready to break. Yes, I did have food that covered almost the entire surface area of the plate, yet it was just a spoonful of this and that, etc. Then I watched as so many people got back up and got a SECOND heaping plate. Yes, I used to be one of those people. Thank heavens that desire is gone. I no longer want that at all.

Time to go exercise.

2 comments:

teseauez said...

check over here www.dolabuy.su navigate to this site Chloe Dolabuy pop over to this web-site replica dolabuy

Unknown said...

m8h11x6y77 f8v48r5x95 g8s65t9w07 v7s31w6i41 p9h99y1f26 q0d58w1i79