Wednesday, September 5, 2007

Discouraged...

The scale sucks. Why can't I stay off that blasted thing??? Over the past three days, it has crept up SIX pounds! WHAT?!?!?! Sometimes the human body makes absolutely no sense. I could see this if I been doing all the wrong things, but I really have been doing the right things. REALLY, I HAVE!!! I have been exercising. (I did thirty-three minutes on the eliptical this evening and did the stairs (all sixty-three of them) for the second time in a row.) I have been sucking down water like there is no tomorrow. I have been low-carbing. I am getting in my protein. I am having regular bowel movements.

I know that the body can fluctuate. I started my period early last month. I am not sure how early, so I might be bloating from PMS. I could be just retaining water. Heaven only knows, perhaps I have even gained a small few ounces of muscle from exercising consistently.

I am just discouraged, because thoughts flood my head of failure. What if this is the end of the road for me? I still have a significant amount of weight that I need to lose. Not just to lose it to be a twig, but I need to lose a significant amount in order to be healthy. I have failed so many diets. I don't want to think that I have broken my DS.

I am going to keep plugging away, day by day. Hopefully the tide will turn soon. I need some encouragement ASAP.

On an unrelated note, I got to see an old friend, Cheryl today for lunch. I don't get to see her that often, but it is amazing, because she is one of those people who it was just like yesterday since I last saw her. I thank God for her friendship.

No comments: