Thursday, September 6, 2007

Conversation with Mom

I was talking with mom the other day about how I feel like I will never find a great guy. She started asking me if I was trying to meet guys, etc. Then she started to scold me saying that if I didn't try to meet them, I wouldn't find anyone. While she has a point, I was quick to come back with my rebuttle. "You met your husband when you weighed 100 pounds. Things were a little bit different for you than they are for me."

She wanted to say something, but I really did stop her dead in her tracks. It really is a different world dating when you are morbidly obese.

Although there are days when I do get really lonely, I know that right now I need to concentrate on me now. Bringing a guy into the equation would only make things too complicated now.

No comments: