Saturday, February 14, 2009

Why Didn't I Have Fat Days When I was Fat?

Yesterday I was really having a "fat" day. Yes, I never understood when thin people would say this. Oddly, at 400 pounds, I pushed my weight to the back of my head, and rarely had days where I thought about just how fat I am. Yesterday, I was my own worst critic, and the negative self talk WOULD.NOT.STOP. Yes, it is possible to have a fat day at 139 pounds.

Last night we took Andre, one of my students, out to dinner at the Old Spaghetti Factory, and then to the basketball game. We all had such a good time. After dinner Ben was explaining to Andre how to tip the server, and why it was important to tip the server. Many of my students have never been to a restaurant where they were served a meal. Andre had one dollar, and he insisted on using it to tip the server. This student was one of my toughest kids, but as so often it has happened before, the toughest kids win over my heart as they become young ladies and gentlemen.

I told Ben last night at dinner about how I felt like a beached whale yesterday. Ben is such a good listener. I told him one thing I couldn't promise him was maintaining my weight. I'm going to try my hardest, but I have never maintained my weight. He said that even if I gain all of it back, he is still going to love me.

After we have our nice lunch, we are going to check out the bed and breakfast we will be staying at for the weekend after we get married! We are staying in Louisville, then flying out Sunday afternoon. We both didn't want to be tired and cranky starting off our honeymoon.

No comments: