Monday, February 2, 2009

The Hold is Still STRONG

As you know I am a recovering Coca-Cola addict. You know the motto of an addict, "Once an addict, always an addict." Most days I do excellent, and I don't even think about it. Yesterday was NOT one of those days. I started rationalizing how one glass of Coca-Cola wouldn't hurt me. Here are some of my thoughts....

1. It's a special occassion....why not? I wouldn't do this every day.
2. I even had the brief thought of "sneaking" a drink with no one looking. (Again, MAJOR addiction sign!)
3. I would only do it this once.

With Coca-Cola there is NO treading water or anything for me, it is a complete slippery slope that would only end in me back to drinking at least 4-6 colas per day. I am stronger than that. I didn't have surgery and fight to regain my life only to lose it to some stupid Coca-Cola. NOTHING is that good. Am I perfect? Have I arrived at this weight loss/maintaining thing? By no means, but I am not going to let a sugary soda make me lose this battle.

No comments: