Sunday, May 25, 2008

A Very Nice Compliment

I emailed my best friend telling her all about my skydiving experience. (Basically, exactly what I had written in this blog.) She listens any time I talk about my weight loss, but is very cautious about bringing it up herself. She knows this whole process has been big thing for me, and hard to explain. She made such a sweet compliment to me. She said she attributes my success to, "1% surgery and 99% my hard work."

Hearing this from her made me feel so good. (You know how some people can make comments to you, and they mean nothing, but from people you respect they mean the world?) WLS is no magic bullet. You have to live with this surgery every single day for the rest of your life. You have to make good choices the majority of the time to see the results you want (especially to KEEP those results in the long term.)

On Friday, I also got invited to go to a Bible study with a lady from church. It was so sweet because we really only get to have some casual conversations, because of of jobs. I am looking forward to getting to know her better over the summer. :)

Now that I have accomplished skydiving, I am so much more determined to complete these 5K races.

No comments: