Thursday, May 29, 2008

GED Course Update

All eight of my students certified to test last night!!! I am so happy. I really enjoy helping people get their GED, and moving onto more rewarding experiences in life.

While I was at the library for GED last night, I saw one of my former students. I took a minute to really make sure I knew it was him. I walk up to him and say, "Hi Nick." I asked if he knew who I was, and replied no. Once I told him, he was amazed at how much weight I had lost. :) It was really cool to see him. He is a kid I had always a special spot in my heart for, and it was nice to know he is doing well.

Today is my last day of work. Yesterday, my boss and co-worker gave me a nice gift certificate to the mall to buy a "first day of school" outfit. I will really miss them. I truly am ready to go back to the classroom. My new principal called me yesterday afternoon, but I missed his call. I am going to stop by there today and talk with him. He is such a visionary. I will really enjoy working under him.

My weight bounced up a few pounds, which drives me batty. Yesterday, I ate like there was no tomorrow, and I am back down eight tenths of a pound. I really really don't understand the DS sometimes. I am thankful, but it is hard to be logical with it!

I also have an appointment at the end of June with a new PCP. My cousin is high up in a local health care organization, and I asked her for the best doctors in reading labs and following levels from bloodwork. My PCP has been great, but I really need someone who can spend some time with me dealing with the "fine print" from this point forward. I'll keep you posted.

I am running. I know I promised to share more. It is not easy, but I am doing it. :)

No comments: