Friday, May 9, 2008

Entitlement

Note: The idea for this blog entry came from Cranky Fitness. I had never put the word entitlement to some of my emotions, but it sure hits the nail on the head.

Prior to having WLS, I thought I was entitled to anything (and everything) I wanted food/beverage wise. American society is very much like this as a whole, we want everything in an instant oatmeal type fashion, never believing in waiting or denying ourselves pleasure.

I felt I was entitled to food, and large quantities of it. Yes, I worked hard, and often ran to food as my comfort. The truth is I am not entitled to a bunch of food. I need to eat to live, not live to eat. The DS has really helped me with this concept. Food doesn't have the control over me it once did.

There are still rough waters ahead I'm sure. I'm not entitled. I'm not priviledged. I am an ordinary person, and need to use food for fuel.

This topic will be revisited at a later time. There is much more I want to share.

No comments: