Saturday, May 31, 2008

Probiotics Anyone?

I have not taken any probiotics as a post-op. I have not really felt the need to do so. I have decided to start taking them as of today.

Here are a few of the health effects of taking probiotics:

Allergy
Cancer
Diarrhea
Elevated Blood Cholesterol
Helicobacter pylori
Hypertension
Irritable Bowel Syndrome
Inflammatory Bowel Disease
Immune System Modulation
Kidney Stones
Lactose Intolerance
Necrotizing Enterocolitis
Oral Health
Small Bowel Bacterial Overgrowth
Staying Healthy
Vaginosis

That is a WHOLE lot of health benefits. I figure it can't hurt. At this point, how could two more pills a day hurt me?

Also, a few bariatric doctors are starting to make it a requirement of their WLS patients.

What type of probiotic am I taking?

Solaray Multidophilus 12

"Over 20 BILLION Microorganisms, 12 Probiotic Strains"

Must be refrigerated. Thanks Vicki for telling me about these!

No comments: