Monday, November 2, 2009

Short Week




Here are a few shots my mom took of Ben and I at Baskin Robbins yesterday. I had pumpkin ice cream. We spent the afternoon at my parents, then Ben preached at a local church for their evening service.
I only have to work three days this week. Sometimes the shorter weeks are harder than the long ones....we'll see how the kiddos do coming back from Halloween. I have tonight and next week for GED. I will probably be teaching classes in January and February, but we will have to see. At least I have a good six week break from it.
If GED class gets out early, I plan on going to get my hair cut, it is driving me nuts. I want a bob hairstyle. I want to get more blonde in it as well, but I'm going to try to hold out for that until closer to Thanksgiving. My hair is getting a little too long for my taste, and I just want to wear it in a pony tail all the time, but have fought the urge thusfar. Also, my eyebrows need waxed like none other.
I also broke down and asked my MIL to teach me how to hem pants. I have seven pair of pants that need to be hemmed. I had HH call around to see the price of getting them fixed, and it ranged from $8 to $15 a pair. That is ridiculous. I will be learning that over our Thanksgiving trip down.

1 comment:

JLI said...

There is this really awesome stuff called Stitch Witchery that you can hem with. It's basically a tape. You cut it to size, place a damp cloth over the area to be hemmed and hold a iron over it for a minute or so. I think it's permanent. I've used it several times and it's VERY easy. And it's inexpensive too. You can find it at JoAnn Fabrics.