Wednesday, November 18, 2009

HH Was Singing This.....

As he is putting away the groceries for our class Thanksgiving meal that we'll have on Thursday....

"I've got my mind set on Thanksgiving,
Set on Thanksgiving,
But it's gonna take butter,
a whole lot of precious butter,
to do it right child....."

There were more verses, but that is all I can remember right now! :) I love HH!

I had the most lively faculty meeting EVER yesterday in my nine years of teaching. WOW! Claws were coming out everywhere, and I didn't have to voice my opinion because it was being shared by several others and I couldn't get a word in edgewise even if I wanted. People who are normally cool as can be were hotter than hot.

Our counselor is leading the meeting because the principal has to be somewhere else. She basically tells us we have about twenty hours of secretarial work to do because the district is using a new form. She says snarky little things like, "Don't shoot the messenger," and "At least you have thirty minutes now to get started," Several people left the room to call the union, a grievance is being filed, and wow....craziness is all I can say. I can't wait to find out what happens today. The meeting ended with the counselor telling us to give back our records, and she was crying.

Two more days, and I'm off for NINE! :) My kids get to hear the "puberty" talk today. I'll be in with the boys of fifth grade. FUN TIMES!

No comments: